CAE’s programs focus on women, girls and LGBTQ communities, with a special sensitivity to the needs of survivors. Participants build the skills and strength to heal from, prevent, and counter violence. We do this work to actively create a peaceful, just, and equitable world.
For over 41 years, our work has been driven by a strong set of core values.
- Building the voices of women, LGBTQ communities, and youth is our foundation.
- We are multi-cultural and anti-racist.
- LGBTQ issues are central to our work.
- We welcome transgender and gender-non-conforming individuals.
- Our programs are uniquely sensitive to the needs of survivors.
- Our youth programs are dynamic.
- Our programs are economically accessible.
- We promote the leadership of all participants.
- Our programs impact people throughout New York City and nationwide.
- We are a community.
You can read more about our philosophy here.